Are you a pet parent? We’d love to see your favorite photos of your pet dressed up in a costume. In October 2021, we’re running a contest that’s all about barking — I mean bragging — rights. The contest entry form is here!
Will your pet be the next Internet super-star?
Hmm, possibly if you enter our Pawsitively Spooktackular Pet Costume Contest!!! It’s super easy to enter. Just upload photos of your pets in their Halloween costumes (can be from any year). We’ll have a gallery of submitted photos open for public voting, and on Friday, October 29, we’ll highlight the Top 10 costumes in a video on Facebook, Instagram, and here on this blog!
5 Costume Safety Tips
When you dress your pet up, here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing a costume for your cat, dog, lizard or other pet:
- Keep it loose – avoid anything that will be tight on their body and/or may constrict their movement, particularly in the arms, legs, and neck areas.
- Keep it light – don’t dress your pet in something that will be too heavy on their body, or will cause their body temperature to get too hot.
- Don’t cover feet– unless your pet is used to wearing booties, leave their feet free so they can walk comfortably.
- Limit props on face– things like glasses, mustaches, and beards might look cute, but will probably really annoy your pet. If you must use props on the face, do it for a quick photo and then let your pets face go au naturel.
- Keep it fun– if your pet is really unhappy about wearing a costume, it’s just not worth it. Don’t stress out your pet just to get a good picture.
Some cute contest ideas:
Tucker as Super Dog
Maggie as a banana
Milo as a sailor
Tomtom as Harry Potter
Tucker as a dinosaur